Most important Geography Questions for CDS 1 2020: UPSC CDS is going to held on 2nd February, now you just have to practice as many questions as you can.Geography plays a key role in the General Knowledge Paper and to qualify the written exam, a candidate must score good in this section. Here, are the Most important Geography Questions for CDS 2020
1. The cities of ‘Hiroshima’ and ‘Nagasaki’ are located on which among the following Islands of Japanese Archipelago?
A. Honshu and Kyushu respectively
B.Honshu and Shikoku respectively
C. Hokkaido and Kyushu respectively
D. Kyushu and Shikoku respectively
2.The Temperate Grassland or Shrub-Land Biome is commonly known as –
1.Steppe in Central Asia
2. Prairie in North America
3.Veld in South America
Correct option is
A. 1 and 2
B. 1 and 3
C. 2 and 3
D. 1, 2 and 3
3.Which of the following are ‘erosional landforms’ ?
A. 1 and 2
B. 2 and 3
C. 1, 3 and 4
D. All of them
4. Makran is located in which among the following ?
A. Arabian Sea
B. Indian Ocean near southern coast of Sri Lanka
C. Bay of Bengal
5. Falkland Island is a disputed territory between :
A. Chile and Equador
B. West Indies and Spain
C. Uruguay and France
D. Argentina and UK
6. Which of the following is the narrowest strait of the world ?
A. Strait of Tartar
C. Strait of Dardenelles
D. Foveaux Strait
7. What is the current number of Time Zones in Russia?
8. Which of the following African Country was formerly known as Nyasaland?
9. Which among the following types of mountains are formed by the lifting up of land between faults or by the sinking of land outside the faults?
A. Block Mountains
B. New Mountains
C. Residual Mountains
D. Fold Mountains
10.Which among the following is a landlocked sea?
A. Timor Sea
B. Arafura Sea
C. Green Land Sea
D. Aral Sea
11. In which of the following islands of India is an active volcano found?
A. Car Nicobar Island
B. Nancowry Island
C. Barren Island
D. Maya Bunder Island
12. India’s largest inland saline wetland system is located in which of the following states ?
D. Andhra Pradesh
13. Consider the following statement regarding laterite soils of India:
1. Laterite soils are generally red in colour
2. Laterite soils are rich in nitrogen and potash
3. Laterite soils are well developed in Rajasthan and U.P
4. Tapioca and cashew nuts grow well in this soil.
Which of the statement given above is/are correct?
A. 1 only
B.2,3 and 4
C. 1 and 4 only
D. 1,2 and 4
14. In India the rainfall is mainly orographic. Which among the following follows the word in bold?
A. The rainfall occurs when the moist air becomes saturate
B. The rainfall occurs when the masses of air pushed by wind are forced up by large mountains
C. The rainfall occurs on only one side of the mountains
D.The rainfall is lesser in Rain shadow areas
15.In India, which among the following state has the maximum estimated Uranium Resources?
B. Tamil Nadu
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Andhra Pradesh
16. Amarkantak plateau in the Maikal hills marks the origin of the river?
17. Consider the following tributaries of river Brahmaputra:
Arrange the above rivers from west to east?
18. The reservoir GB pant sagar is located on which river?
19. Pir Panjal in the Himalayas is a part of?
C. Central Himalayas
D. Lesser Himalayas
20. The hill station Coonor is located in which one of the following states?
B. Andhra Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu