Most Important History Questions for CDS 2020: UPSC CDS is going to held on 2nd February, now you just have to practise as many questions as you can. Here, we have provided you the most important history questions for CDS 1 2020. In CDS majority Questions are asked form Modern Indian History
1. The first astronomical observatory of Harappan Civilization was found at which among the following ancient Indian sites?
2. Which of the following religious buddhist text is written in the form of questions and answers?
A. Vinaya Pitaka
B. Sutta Pitaka
C. Abhidhamma Pitaka
3. Rajukas were appointed by Asoka to perform which among the following functions
A. Revenue Functions
B. Judicial Functions
C. Religious Functions
D. Military Functions
4. The ‘Saptanga Theory of State’ was propounded by
A. Kautilya in Arthashastra
B. Manu in Manusmriti
C. Kalhan in Rajatarangini
D. Banabhatta in Harshcharita
5. Which among the following pairs is NOT correctly matched? (Traveler – During reign of King)
A. Megasthenes – Chandragupta Maurya
B. Deimachos – Asoka
C. Hsuan -Tsang – Harshavardhana
D. Fa-Hien – Chandragupta II
6. Consider the following statements:
1. Central theme of Kathopnishad is immortality
2. Central theme of Mandukya Upnishad is Aum
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 & 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
7. Ahmad Shah Abdali invaded India for the first time during the reign of which Mughal Emperor
A. Muhammad Shah
B. Ahmad Shah
C. Shah Alam-II
8. Who among the following wrote Astangasangraha?
9. Shershah Suri introduced the coins made of?
A. Gold & Copper
B. Gold & Silver Only
C. Gold, Silver & Copper
D. Silver & Copper Only
10.“Sur Sagar “, a treatise on music was written during the reign of which of the following Mughal emperors?
11. During the reign of which among the following rulers, Malik Muhammad Jaisi completed his epic work ‘Padmavat’ ?
12. Vasucharita is a work of which of the following ?
A. Ram raja
B. Krishndev rai
13.In the reign of Firuz Shah Tughalq which of the following tax was 1/6 of the booty captured during war?
14.The system of Dagh and huliya was introduced by
D. Firuz Shah Tughlaq
15. Which one among the following books was authored by a lady of the Mughal Royal House?
A. Akbar Nama
B. Babur Nama
C. Humayun Nama
D. Badsha Nama
16. What was the original name of Tansen, the famous musician in the court of Akbar
A. Mahananda Pande
B. Lal Kalwant
C. Baz Bahadur
D. Ramtanu Pande.
17. Which one among the following was not true about the Kerala king, Maratha Verma?
A. He ruled over Travancore
B. He subdued the feudatories
C. He gave heavy bribes to the European Officers to Maintain Peace
D. He organised a strong modern Army
18. Arrange the following events in the order of their chronology:
3.Third Round Table Conference
Choose the correct option
19. Arrange the following in correct chronological order
1. Third Carnatic War
2. First Burmese War
3. First Mysore War
4. Second Afghan War
20. Who among the following had founded the Theosophical society in the United States of America?
A. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
B. Madam Blavatsky
C. Madam Cama
D. Lala Hardyal